Join Your Colleagues in Working for a Healthier Southern California
Become a member of the Southern California Public Health Association!
An affiliate of the American Public Health Association
The Southern California Public Health Association (SCPHA), an affiliate of the American Public Health Association, is comprised of individuals and organizations working to promote individual and community health. SCPHA provides public health leadership to enhance health promotion, reduce disease and injury and promote public health policy efforts in Southern California. Since 1927 SCPHA has served Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, & Ventura Counties.
Through professional development programs, conferences, trainings, community outreach, political advocacy, and mentorship opportunities, SCPHA:
- Encourages the scientific and professional foundation of public health prevention practice
- Advocates for healthy environments
- Promotes best-practice strategies via conferences and trainings
- Enhances the ability of members to promote and protect environmental and community health
Becoming a member of SCPHA provides you with the following benefits:
- Continuing Education Opportunities! As a member you receive registration discounts and membership in an affiliate of the American Public Health Association (APHA). APHA is the national representative organization for the public health profession.
- Get The Latest News! Receive the association newsletter providing updated information on individuals, programs, and activities related to community and public health.
- Become Involved! Participate in a dynamic, growing organization through active involvement in local community issues.
- Increase Your Professional Network! Meet with individuals who have related interests in community and public health.
- Speak Up and Get Active! SCPHA is an active forum for political advocacy on critical community and public health issues
When applying for SCPHA membership, you are asked to identify Section(s) of interest. Section guidelines are currently being developed with the goal of creating Sections that provide an opportunity for you to become more involved with SCPHA!